Use of the Site
All of the Treating Providers who deliver Services through MEDHERO™ are independent professionals solely responsible for the services each provides to you. MEDHERO™ does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither MEDHERO™ nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Service shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a Treating Provider via the Services.
None of the Site content (other than information you receive from Treating Providers) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
- Telehealth is the delivery of health care services using interactive audio, text, visual and video technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location. During your telehealth consultation with a Treating Provider, details of your health history and personal health information may be discussed with you through the use of interactive text, pictures, video, audio and other telecommunications technology, and your Treating Provider may perform a physical examination through these technologies.
- The telehealth Services you receive from Treating Providers are not intended to replace a primary care physician relationship or be your permanent medical home. You should seek emergency help or follow-up care when recommended by a Treating Provider or when otherwise needed, and continue to consult with your primary care physician and other healthcare professionals as recommended. We may make arrangements for follow up care either through MEDHERO™ or other healthcare providers. You will have direct access to customer support services to follow up on medication reactions, side effects or other adverse events. Among the benefits of our Services are improved access to healthcare professionals and convenience. However, as with any health service, there are potential risks associated with the use of telehealth. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate health care decision making by the Treating Provider
- Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment. If this happens, you may be contacted by phone or other means of communication
- In rare cases, a lack of access to all of your health records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors
- Although the electronic systems we use will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information
- You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth in your care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured/li>
- You understand that the laws that protect the privacy and security of health information apply to telehealth, and have received MEDHERO’s Notice of Privacy Practices, which describes these protections in more detail. Electronic communications are directed to your Treating Provider(s) and their supervisees through a secure interface and electronic health record
- You are fully responsible for payment at the time of service. If your health insurance coverage does not include or is not sufficient to satisfy the Services charges in full, once you submit a claim to your insurance, you may not be reimbursed
- Your Treating Provider may determine that the Services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may elect not to provide telehealth services to you through the Site
- You can send messages to your Treating Provider by contacting MEDHERO™ at 1-949-207-3603, or by email to email@example.com. Emails or electronic messages to Customer Support or your Treating Provider may not be returned immediately. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room
Use of the Services by Children
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Use the Site or Services to violate any local, state, national or international law
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate any software or other components of the Site or Services
- Distribute viruses or other harmful computer code through the Site
- Otherwise use the Services or Site in any manner that exceeds the scope of use granted above. In addition, you agree to refrain from abusive language when communicating with Treating Providers through the Site and to refrain from contacting Treating Providers for telehealth services outside of the Site. MEDHERO™ is not responsible for any interactions with Treating Providers that are not conducted through the Site. We strongly recommend that you do not use the Services on public computers. We also recommend that you do not store your Account password through your web browser or other software
Fees and Purchase Terms
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR LINKS FOUND AT ANY OTHER WEBSITE, INTERNET LOCATION, OR SOURCE OF INFORMATION, NOR FOR YOUR USE OF SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR LINKS, NOR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH WEBSITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS.
Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of MEDHERO™ or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of MEDHERO™. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
You may deactivate your Account and end your registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. MEDHERO™ may suspend or terminate your use of the Site, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, MEDHERO™ reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, MEDHERO™ will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are obligated to provide you access to your health records or Treating Providers are required to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you.
Right to modify
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BOTH THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MEDHERO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. You acknowledge and agree that MEDHERO™ does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is strictly a technology platform and infrastructure for connecting patients with independent third party Treating Providers, including physicians and other Treating Providers in the MEDHERO™ network. You acknowledges and agree that the Treating Providers using the Site are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the supervision of Treating Providers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
Limitation of Liability
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MEDHERO OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless MEDHERO™, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless your Treating Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Treating Provider.
MEDHERO™ makes no representation that all products, services and/or material described on the Site, or the Services available through the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States or all territories within the United States.
All physicians on the Site hold professional licenses issued by the professional licensing boards in the states where they practice, hold doctoral degrees in medicine and have undergone post-doctoral training. You can report a complaint relating to services provided by a Treating Provider by contacting the professional licensing board in the state where the services were received. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to the board that licenses, registers, or certifies the licensee.. You can find the contact information for each of the state professional licensing boards governing medicine on the Federation of State Medical Boards website at http://www.fsmb.org/state-medical-boards/contacts Any clinical records created as a result of your use of the Site will be securely maintained by MEDHERO™ on behalf of your Treating Provider(s) for a period that is no less than the minimum number of years such records are required to be maintained under state and federal law, and which is typically at least six years.